Kids Help Phone offers free, confidential mental health and wellness support for people affected by suicide in Northwest Territories and across Canada. Our e-mental health services are open 24/7 to support those experiencing thoughts of suicide, helping others with thoughts of suicide or grieving a loss to suicide. However you’re feeling, wherever you are, you’re not alone.
How can I connect with Kids Help Phone for support at any time?
- Text 686868 to connect with a trained, volunteer crisis responder. Indigenous people can connect with an Indigenous volunteer crisis responder when available by messaging FIRST NATIONS, INUIT or METIS over text.
- Call 1-800-668-6868 to speak with a professional counsellor
- Engage with other young people about what’s on your mind at KidsHelpPhone.ca/PeerToPeer
- Text 741741 to connect with a trained, volunteer crisis responder
- To access mental health and substance use support, visit WellnessTogether.ca
Where can I find more information, self-guided tools and community support?
You can click on the cards below to explore resources for support if you or someone you know is affected by suicide.
Coping with thoughts of suicide
Helping others with thoughts of suicide
Grieving a loss to suicide
However suicide may be affecting you, support is available. You can connect with Kids Help Phone for free, confidential support, any time. You can also talk to a safe adult, like a parent / caregiver, family / community member, Elder, teacher or counsellor. Kids Help Phone’s Safety Planner can help you identify your resources for support and explore other ways to create safer moments for yourself. If you need help right now, you can call the emergency / community services in your area.